Knight LK-II

Knight LK-II

Postby One of Those Days » April 6th, 2012, 2:50 pm

And I mean this in a good way.

Today was beautiful. 50 degrees and sunny, so no jackets needed. I had the yard all cleaned up and decided to shoot. So I set out a target and thought I was at 50 yards.. but I have been moving my bench and such around so much lately, I really was not sure. Well I was wrong. Three readings with a new battery in the range finder said. 44 yards. OK.. good enough!!

The rifle was a Knight LK-II . This is a 50 caliber with a 1-28 twist and a 22 inch barrel. The ignition system is only a #11 cap system and I never saw the need to change it. I'd spent a whopping $19.99 for the 2.5x20mm Simmons Prosport scope. But the little scope has never let me down. The rifle is sighted in on a high bull at 35 yards. That is because the shots in my woods would never be over 50 unless you're shooting down the boundary lines.

So I decided to shoot 80 grains of Goex 3f. A favorite powder of this rifle. And I picked MMP HPH 24 sabots for the rifle. And its favorite ammo the .452 Hornady XTP 300 grain bullet. I never shot a deer yet with this load but always figured it would really work well on them.

Well here is a ten shot group...

If it had not been for shot #4 that would have been some groups wouldn't you say. Now granted it was 44 yards. And the rifle does have a 2.5x scope. But for me that's not bad. And the group actually only started to open after shot #6. Other then #4 that is.. other wise it was a nasty looking hole.

Then I wanted to see if the rifle would shoot 350 grain Hornady FPB conicals. First off they loaded like a dream. I stuck with the 80 grains of Goex 3F powder.

I first swabbed the barrel CLEAN as in a white clean patch clean. Let it dry. And turned the target over. I was earlier sighting in a .22 caliber rifle one afternoon at 50 yards. That is the .22 holes you see. But I was sure I could see the difference in the size of the holes.

Well shot #1 was low. Not sure why. Shots 2&3 looked pretty good. I shot a 4th shot but can not swear right where it is.. so I did not claim it. BUT I believe it is right on top of #3 but like I said.. can't be sure. But the rifle does seem to shoot them well. With a minor scope adjustment that would be a good hunting load. If the FPB is a good hunting bullet.

So over all it was a great day on the range. Nice to see one of them come along like that.
One of Those Days

Re: Knight LK-II

Postby wesley396 » April 9th, 2012, 7:41 am

Now that is some fine shooting
wesley396

Re: Knight LK-II

Postby sqezer » May 23rd, 2012, 10:11 pm

That is some very good shooting, I did get a LK-II in SS late last year, it might be going up for sale. ;)

Last bumped by Anonymous on May 23rd, 2012, 10:11 pm.
.45 Knight Blued, Lam. 1-20
.45 Knight SS Disc. Comp.
.45 Knight Blued Disc. Ext. Comp.
.45 Knight SS MHSDE Comp.
.45 Knight SS MHC TH Lam.
.45 Knight Disc Elite Comp.
.50 Knight SS Mountaineer Lam.
.50 Knight Disc Elite
.52 Knight Disc Ex. Winter Camo
sqezer

Return to Wolverine