Sqezer - Shot your Super DISC in the Pit..

Sqezer - Shot your Super DISC in the Pit..

Postby sabotloader » April 10th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Grabbed a couple of hours this morning and ran to the Rock Pit. Leroy and I were talking about his Super DISC the other day on the phone and we got around to talking about sabotless Lehigh's. I then figured out that I had not shot any from the Super DISC and both he and I thought it might be agood ideal.

So this morning I hurriedly threw the stuff in the truck and headed to the Rock Pit, I knew it would not be muddy. I hope you noticed I was in a hurry to get going. When I got to the pit I figured out that I had forgot to grab one of the Chronographs - so that part of the shooting experiance was out the door.

Decided just to enjoy the morning so I walked a handful of clay pigeons down to the wall. Placed them on the perches in the rocks and remembered a comment by Semi, something about making gravel from the basalt wall, well over the years we certainly have been doing that so I thought this morning I would just carry on the tradition.

Loading the 45-220 gr. sabotless brass bullets into the 45 was not as smooth (easy) I had hoped. Pushing them through the crown with a short starter took a couple of good wraps, jst to get the barbs through the crown. Then getting the ogive all the way in took 2-3 more good whacks! Once I goot it all the way through the crown it was still tough to to move it down the barrel. Not impossible but certainly impractical while hunting in the field. I tried not to let it bother me and just went on about my business shooting birds...

The birds proved to be no problem... I keep saying I am going to change the scope and put a decent one on, the BSA $29 scope is all that I had at the time, but it is sighted in and the rifle is not mine it will have to go home someday - so I just keep shooting it.

After popping the birds off - i ran a target down range to print a group for Leroy. The 1-20 handles the sabotless Lehigh's just fine. Leroy not that bad of a group from your gun.

After shooting the group I decided to shoot some sabots with 40-200 DOA's at another group of pigeons. I shoot 3 rounds of them and then decided I had better stop - I am getting very low on them and will need some for hunting season, and since I am not sure when Dave might make a bunch or when Knight might get an order... I am now in the official hoarding mode....

Next up to finish my work were some Speer 40-180grain Gold Dots... These little bullets shoot great form the 1-20 or the 1-30...

Good morning in the Rock Pit.
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast
sabotloader

Re: Sqezer - Shot your Super DISC in the Pit..

Postby sqezer » April 11th, 2012, 10:21 am

Mike, you might have to shoot it more to open up the crown on the 1-20. :lol: So what your saying is DAVE needs to make them a little thinner. Any ways great shooting.
.45 Knight Blued, Lam. 1-20
.45 Knight SS Disc. Comp.
.45 Knight Blued Disc. Ext. Comp.
.45 Knight SS MHSDE Comp.
.45 Knight SS MHC TH Lam.
.45 Knight Disc Elite Comp.
.50 Knight SS Mountaineer Lam.
.50 Knight Disc Elite
.52 Knight Disc Ex. Winter Camo
sqezer

Postby sabotloader » April 11th, 2012, 10:40 am

sqezer wrote:Mike, you might have to shoot it more to open up the crown on the 1-20. :lol: So what your saying is DAVE needs to make them a little thinner. Any ways great shooting.

Correct just a tad bit less diameter on the portion of the bullet above the last barb.

The 50 cal has the same problem - I sent this picture to Dave for consideration...

Also I did find some velocities from a previous shoot...

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast
sabotloader

Postby a1smokepole » April 11th, 2012, 11:35 am

good report sabot I hope knight sales the sabotless bullet I would like to try it in my 1-20 twist and the 1-30
a1smokepole

Return to DISC Extreme